badge

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Once a Dream, Now my Reality:-)


The future belongs to those who
 believes in the beauty of their dreams.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Childhood is the only part of a person's life which is totally uninhibited. You can laugh or smile, weep or cry, think or sleep and nobody judges you.
Like every child, I too had a dream of becoming something. The catch was that I never wanted to become a particular professional, but what I always wished for was to be the ace of my field.

As I have shared, I have not been fascinated by any career which could have insinuated me to push my boundaries for it. At the age of fifteen, during a classroom discussion, the on-duty faculty asked the entire class about our career choices, that is, what do we want to do after school and news flash, almost each and every student had already guessed their probable future life of being a doctor, lawyer, an engineer, architect, air hostess, etc.  and all I had answered was like that, "I want to get really good marks in Class 10 Exams and then accordingly, I will decide between the Arts, Commerce and Science streams for further studies." and every person in that room was dumbfounded and looked at me as if I'm crazy and then smiled as if to prove their point. Since I was good in academics, my classmates had assumed that I always put together a five-year plan in advance and tucked it carefully under my sleeves.
But that's not the case with me, I never felt the need map the course of it. One thing was made sure on that moment was I felt the importance to plan my life after Class 10 which was due to end in four or six months. 

And that's when I poured my heart out in front of my English teacher, he is an elderly teacher and gave me private English classes, first of all, he listened to my rants about how reckless I was feeling and how my classmates have humiliated me by suggesting me to start taking my future seriously and all. 
He only advised me to figure out my preferences like whether I would love to play sports later or not, and the answer was quite simple, I would hate that because me and sports are poles apart. I can never put myself forth to the idea of physical agony of any sorts. Next was the question about viewing myself in any kind of creative designing industry and I knew the answer that I cannot because as much powerful as my imaginative skills could be, I lack the supreme power of having a creative intuition. And similarly, questions followed one after the other, observations made and subjecting myself to a lot of self-introspection, I found out that I am good in reading and memorizing the facts, I may not be good in Maths or Physics but I am the best of my potential while solving the problems related to them no matter what logic I may apply and I zeroed on the career of a Software Engineer not because it was cool or fashionably in-trend but it was the one thing that I would be good at and be happy with myself.
And that's how I became what I am, yes, an Engineer specializing in the domain of Software. And most importantly, I am good at it, I feel content and peace. I never had planned this, maybe I was afraid of selecting Science subjects as my majors during the senior school and getting into a reputed Engineering college. And I love my life and my choices. Thanks to that class which has shaken my foundation that led me to the confrontation with my soul and a lot of gratitude to my sir who helped me to take my decision. 
I am blogging about my dreams and the people who helped make them true for the #AdviceThatMattered activity at BlogAdda in association with Stoodnt.

1 comment :

  1. I always love it when I know people have converted their dream into reality. Each of us have dreams but only those get success who have belief in themselves. So glad for you, thank you for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete